Friday, February 18, 2011

Roller Coaster Life

Here I am again. Last couple of weeks could be described as being a freaking roller coaster. For starters getting a week off from school after just 2 weeks of starting the semester was fun but feeling that I had so much time did not turn out to be a very productive few days. Extreme weather, cold or hot, is just not ideal for the mind.
Then Super Bowl weekend was awesome. Free Faith Hill and The Pretenders concert, and when I say free I mean it. Didn't have to pay for parking, food or drinks. Standing for 6 hours was a low price to pay for that night. Since the concert was part of CMT Crossroads series, we (Caleigh and I) were on national television. Not to mention that I got to see Jason Witten. He is in my top 3 of favorite Cowboys of all time. I took a picture and even got his autograph. Given that I didn't have paper I gave him my texas i.d. to sign. Caleigh was confused asking me why are you giving me your i.d. give something else. I had nothing except a 20dlrs bill and my credit card. I can live without my i.d. for a couple of weeks while I get a new one. Needed to update my adress anyways ha. Finally on Sunday we went to the NFL Experience. Its like a football museum with games. I just felt like a kid, thats always a good feeling. And it ended good with the Packers taking the Lombardi trophy. Not a real Green Bay Packers fan but close friends are big fans so I know that made them happy. I couldnt stand the Steelers beings champs again, sorry Dad. I know someone else who is a Steelers 'fan' but, well lets just say they might have to change teams soon, just saying it will help. Honestly, the only thing that could made this weekend better is if the Cowboys had been playing on Sunday and of course bringing a 6 championship! Guess have to wait another year for that!
Then there is the job situation. There is no situation really is more like the lack of one. At this point I got a call back from only one of the internships I applied for only to be told that they are going to keep my resume in file, since the internship had to be put on hold. For a moment there I thought finally! but no! So Caleigh and I decided to make money on our own. She has done a couple of websites in the past and I had done sales, the perfect combo! Also she has the new Canon T2i rebel, hence we can do photography and video work. Finally we are adding Social Media to the combo. Is still in the process of getting everything ready like logo, business cards, media kit but before we know it we hope to be making money and make the business grow.
Theres just so much I can write here. I mean theres so much I can share with the world, right? The truth is just I've been thinking a lot, making sure that the decisions I've made in the past and continue making are actually taking me down the right path to accomplish the goals I have set for myself. All this free time just makes me mind wonder of, somehow right now as I write these the only thing in my mind is menudo and I have not even been drinking. Sometimes I wish I could just know what I am supposed to do or how things are going to turn out, but then it will take the fun out of life. Is the same reason I like gambling: I never know what card I'm getting or where the ball is going to land in the roulette; is just an emotion I cant describe, I just love it. At the end what you loose doesn't compare to what you win.

No comments:

Post a Comment